One of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London is looking for an experienced Theatre Practitioner, who is able to do Recovery and Anaesthetics for Paediatric and Adult Patients.
The department currently has 4 theatres and a supporting recovery room which has capacity for 4 patients. The recovery room caters for all post op patients including Cath Lab and CT/MRI patients who have had sedation or general anesthesia.
To be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care.
The hours of work are rotational shift patterns including early and lates and 2 weekends per month as well as 3 on-call shifts a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety;
- Participate in the delegation and supervision of junior grades, unqualified and less experienced staff;
- Participate in education, training and development of other staff;
- Assist in the management and organisation of the operating theatre(s);
- Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment;
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care.
Skills & Experience:
- Mentorship experience
- Adult and Paediatric recovery experience
- Ability to rotate to anaesthetics
For more information, and to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our lovely team members on 02078618950!
HCL Permanent London