This job is no longer available
About the role
* Leading your team, you will be in charge of all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our residents whilst consistently delivering the very highest care standards
* You will take responsibility for assessing the physical, mental and social needs of our residents, whilst at the same time building excellent personal relationships with both them and their families
* Creating and developing strong links with local professional bodies, you will play an important role in raising the care home's profile within the community
* It is likely that, from time to time, you will be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours.
Who we're looking for
* A level one Registered Nurse
* You will be committed to championing independence, choice and dignity in the home
* You'll have dedication and passion for helping make every day special for our residents
* An ability to build warm and trusting relationships with our residents and their families.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* 28 days holiday (including statutory bank holidays) pro-rata depending on your working hours
* Pension and life assurance available
* Child care voucher scheme
* Free uniform
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects.
About the home
Kirknowe is a 90 bedded care home situated in a quiet residential area of Wishaw in Lanarkshire. Kirknowe comprises three separate houses. Two houses provide nursing care and one house offers dementia care. Kirknowe also offers specialist Parkinson's care along with convalescence, palliative care and respite.
Bpa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.