This job is no longer available
A prestigious cardiac and respiratory specialist hospital in the heart of London have asked HCL Permanent to recruit 5 experienced HDU nurses to join their experienced and hard working team.
The NHS hospital is looking for Band 5 ICU nurses with HDU experience who have the motivation and skills to make the progression to a Band 6 Senior staff position.
In this senior role, duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and maintaining excellent clinical standards of nursing practice and staff development as part of the ward team
- Acting as a care team leader ensuring the needs of the patients are met
- Promoting awareness and compliance amongst colleagues regarding Trust policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Monitoring level 2 critical care patients treated for cardiac and respiratory problems
- have at least 12 months experience in ICU
- Will be able to show leadership and organisation in challenging situations
- Be compassionate and friendly
- Have good communication skills
- Permanent full time work at a competitive salary - up to £34k based on experience
- The NHS Pension Scheme, one of the most generous in the UK
- 27+8 days annual holiday, rising to 33+8 after ten year`s service
- Opportunity for continuous professional development
- The hospital specialises in cardiology and respiratory patients, and sees patients from the London and wider South East area
- The hospital has an High Dependency Unit separate from the rest of the Intensive Care Unit, and has fantastic modern facilities and top specialist consultants.
- The hospital is situated in West London, one of the most desirable locations in the UK
- It has fantastic transport links around London and to the major international airports
- It is close to all of London`s major landmarks, as well as some of the most famous shops and restaurants in the UK
To apply for this great opportunity, or for more information, please do not hesitate to contact Dominic Newlyn at HCL Permanent either by phone on 02078618950 (Ext 1519) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org