Clinical specialist nurse in either of these specialities COPD/Respiratory/Cardio Vascular/Diabetes
Position – Clinical specialist nurse in either one of these specialities COPD/Respiratory/Cardio Vascular/Diabetes
Location – Wiltshire
Salary – Band 6/7
Hours – Full Time – flexible working 37.5hrs over 7 days , part time considered.
My client is pioneering Telemedicine with high-quality, low-cost systems available for use in GP surgeries and pharmacies as well as within other institutions, commercial premises and private homes. Telemedicine is an emerging health opportunity, which utilises ever-improving technology enabling clinicians to have rapid access to medical data through telecommunications and information technology.
My client has developed specific software and hardware solutions to support the management of patients within their own homes who are living with long term conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
Their new self-monitoring service for patients is capable of interfacing with GP systems, this flexible solution assists in enhancing the efficiency of a GP’s surgery, allowing more time to be spent on high-value work and improving the service to patients. My client can deliver an unprecedented level of efficiency and accuracy to doctors. Their products comprise a selection of vital sign collection devices including: weight scales, peak flow meter, thermometer, pulse oximeter, blood pressure meter, ECG, blood sugar and INR testers.
They have recently opened a new based in the Wiltshire area and looking for a specialist nurse with COPD, Respiratory or Diabetes to join their new team there.
- To support the development of new clinical support services
- To support the developing of clinical protocols and algorithms within specialist clinical areas.
- To provide clinical supervision, to ensure nursing team members demonstrate clinical competence and maintain a professional portfolio.
- Liaison with commissioning clinicians and commissioners
- Ensure adherence to clinical recording keeping policies thus ensure the safe and effective use of the Clinical User Interface (CUI) in patient management
- To develop clinical expertise outside of one’s own area of clinical specialism to support the needs of complex patients, commissioners & the company
- Supporting the sales team by providing expert advice on the clinical management of patient cohorts and details of clinical support services
- Participation in clinical networks within one’s own area of specialism and other areas which support the needs of the business
- Participation in clinical case reviews
- Management of the day to day clinical support services including staff and line management of support staff in the clinical team.
- To be responsible for monitoring progress against performance targets and identifying areas of risk to service delivery and service improvement work streams, recommending actions and facilitating their implementation thereby securing timely action to maximise the performance of the service.
- To ensure that the Clinical Director and external Commissioners are informed of the ongoing performance against targets of the relevant clinical support services
- To challenge, in a positive manner, current working practices promoting a culture of continuous improvement and a ‘learning organisation’
- To work flexibly in order to deliver the organisation and directorate agenda and to offer support to other colleagues including cover in times of absence.
Coaching and Training
- To plan and support the induction programmes and training programmes (internal and
- external) of the clinical team.
- Evaluate staff training (internal and external) to ensure delivery of evidence based, high
- quality nursing practice.
- To provide support; through teaching, mentoring and training to staff in developing and
- applying clinical support services
- To identify learning and development opportunities to develop the team.
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157 alternatively please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org