HCL Permanent is looking for registered nurses (RGN, RMN or RCN) to join the care team of a lovely 17 year old young man who lives in East Sussex. Our client S` resides at home with his parents in their beautiful, spacious family home in his own annexe.
He is wheelchair dependent and requires fully assisted 24 hour care. Despite his considerable care needs, he has the most wonderful personality and sense of humour. At all times S` has a nurse and carer working together. Whilst unable to verbalise his communication S` is very able in making himself understood through signs and noises.
During term time S` attends a specialist school accompanied by his on duty team. At weekends and in school holidays he enjoys going out in his car and people watching`, you should therefore be able to drive.
About the Role:
Nurses and carers will be with 'S' in the family home, at his school and on the road. As such, you've got to have the right personality for the role. This is a very demanding role as 'S' does have seizures and sometimes requires resuscitation. Although a challenging job, it will be incredibly rewarding for the right person.
- NMC registered: RGN, RMN or RCN;
- Experience of care to include: airway suctioning, nasogastric feeding, BLS/ ILS and seizures;
- Full clean driving license desirable;
- Past experience of working with severely disabled patients;
- Ability to work in a family home and to liaise effectively with family members is of crucial importance.
Full training will be provided.
- 7 shifts per fortnight, Monday to Sunday;
- 12 hour shifts, rotating through nights and weekends.
- £40,000 to £55,000 (based on experience and shift pattern).
We are looking for nurses to start as soon as possible.
For more information, and to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our lovely team members on 02078618950!
HCL Permanent London