HCL are working with a private hospital offering the very highest standards of clinical skills and nursing care across a wide range of specialties. . Benefits include a substantial pension scheme, family healthcare, gym membership, dental and critical illness insurance.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide clinical expertise to the Breast Care team, with accountability for practice within the clinical area and delivering a quality service to all stakeholders. They are responsible for ensuring the highest possible standard of nursing care which balances customer satisfaction with the most efficient use of resources.
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support patients who undergo treatment either as an inpatient, day case or outpatient
- Investigate incidents, feedback and complaints thoroughly, enabling response
- Support Consultants and clinical staff in the outpatient clinics, chemotherapy day unit and inpatient areas
- Be considered a subject matter expert to all clinical staff, offering advice, support and resources to assist them in their clinical practice
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care with the support of other staff and the multidisciplinary team
- Order and analyse routine investigations relevant to the Breast Care speciality
- Ensure patient information is up to date and reflects current best practice
- Fitting of prosthesis and referral of patients to appropriate departments where required
Skills & Experience
- RGN with current NMC PIN
- Extensive post registration experience, of which some will have been in a relevant clinical speciality
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification
- Working towards, or have the intention to do so, a degree at Masters level(or equivalent), would be highly desirable
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
For further information, or to apply for this role please contact Matt Dunn on: 02078618950 EXT: 1564 or Email: email@example.com
HCL Permanent London