This job is no longer available
Bupa Health Clinics (BHC) is one of five Bupa UK businesses. We provide a whole range of products and services to our customers, and are there when they need us most – whatever their stage of life, and whatever health and wellbeing challenges they face. We are the leading provider in the UK of high quality, added value personal and corporate preventive health services and have a wide variety of roles in various locations around the UK. BHC is positioned as a trusted adviser and provider of integrated health care solutions; services include health assessments, occupational health, primary care, dentistry, musculoskeletal medicine and telephone based nurse advisory and coaching roles. The services are delivered from some fifty sites throughout the UK, as well as from corporate clients’ premises. Roles in all areas are always rewarding and you’ll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Permanent, Full time
A great opportunity has arisen for a Practice Nurse to join the busy team and really make their mark in this role where you'll primarily be responsible for running a primary care treatment service at a corporate Fleet Street site. Other responsibilities include emergency practice nurse cover, health promotion and clinical/quality governance work.
- Run a treatment service for minor injuries and medical conditions
- Travel health screening
- Women’s health
- MSK referrals
- Ear syringing
- Health assessments and follow up/case management
- Deliver health promotion and health education to clients addressing key lifestyle issues i.e. stress, smoking, weight, diet etc
- Ensuring accurate and legible documentation of all care and advice given. The maintenance of confidential records in a safe environment in accordance with Bupa policies and procedures
- Administration and ordering and auditing
- Registered Nurse
- Recent/current Practice Nurse and/or A&E experience
- Recent venepuncture experience essential
- Travel health highly desirable but not essential
- Women’s health desirable but not essential
- Corporate experience high desirable
- Corporate understanding essential
- Sound clinical skills
- Report writing skills.
- Basic I.T. skills
- Organisational awareness
- Good interpersonal skills/ communication skills at all level – written and verbal
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We’ll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop you.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us.