Nurse Advisor - Chronic Illness
Bupa is one of the UK’s leading healthcare companies and Bupa Funding makes up a key part of our business. We provide a whole range of products and services to our customers, and are there when they need us most – whatever their stage of life, and whatever health and wellbeing challenges they face. We have a variety of roles in various locations around the UK. Our environment is warm and welcoming, our facilities first class and every individual is here to make a difference. Roles are always rewarding and you’ll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Permanent; 35 hours Full time
We are a healthcare partner. We are here to hold our members’ hands through the times when the need us most, do you have what it takes to hold their hand too?
Job Role Summary
In this role you will be working as part of the Bespoke Specialist Support Team. It is a unique opportunity to facilitate the implementation of appropriate case management of our bespoke members. You will be the clinical escalation point of call for a variety of treatments and clinical queries which requires up to date clinical knowledge including research papers and clinical pathways.
As the clinical support for the team and the bespoke department you will be able to aid further the business development of healthcare awareness, treatment alternatives and to heighten the importance of a smooth patient journey.
The role includes first hand contact with members and other healthcare professionals through telephone and written format with the re-assurance of in-house clinical support through our Associate Medical Directors and Nurse community. The role includes not only the opportunity to educate others but also for you to gain corporate knowledge and sustain (and build upon) your clinical expertise.
- Qualified clinician amongst a team of expert bespoke member service advisors
- Clinical escalation point for management of complex cases, end of life care, clinical queries through both telephone and written formats
- Close clinical relationships with service users
- Conduct training sessions with the team and the business as a whole
- Review alternative treatments and alternative care pathways that Bupa may be able to offer to service users
- Close liaisons with other healthcare professionals
- Close liaisons with bespoke organisations
- Manage cases through to the end
- RGN registered
- Good ability to discover patient needs in high risk situations
- Experience of working in both the public and private sectors would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the treatment pathways specific to service user requirements
- Good IT skills including ability to navigate around Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational and training skills
What we’ll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme, private medical insurance and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We’ll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop you.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us.