This job is no longer available
Acting as the Nurse Specialist in Palliative Care and Symptom Control, work will involve responsibility for the development and maintenance of a specialist palliative care / symptom management service. You will work in conjunction with the Oncology Unit Manager, other Palliative Care and Symptom Control CNS`s, the Oncology Network Director and Symptom Management Consultants.
This is a full-time position working sociable hours, Monday to Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be considered a Palliative Care and Symptom Control subject matter expert to all clinical staff, offering advice, support and resources to assist them in their clinical practice;
- Correlate and analyse statistical data as required, generating service review reports and forwarding results to Oncology Unit Manager, CNO and CEO;
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care with the support of other staff and the multidisciplinary team;
- Co-ordinate discharge package of care for complex needs patients in conjunction with the oncology MDT and the community;
- Participate in the Oncology Unit orientation programme for new staff to enhance their understanding of symptom management and palliative care services;
- Identify areas of service for development; then implement and evaluate change using current research, audit and experience;
- Investigate incidents, feedback and complaints thoroughly, enabling response.
Applicants will need to be NMC registered and have a significant level of experience within a relevant specialty. Relevant post-graduate courses and qualifications are also advantageous.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our friendly team members of 02078618950