Prestigious London Hospital requires Orthopaedic Staff Nurse to work on surgical in patients ward.
Facility and Benefits:
Located in the heart of London`s esteemed medical district, this hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical services. The hospital has 121 beds and has 8 fully equipped theatres including three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery.
You will be required to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care to patients, within a safe, caring and comfortable environment. You will work within the team, supervising and directing junior staff. You will care for patients following a variety of major and minor orthopaedic surgical treatments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
Skills & Experience:
- NMC registered
- 1 year of post-graduate experience in a relevant setting
- Post-graduate course related to orthopaedics desirable
- Mentorship desirable
- Able to work as part of a large team
To apply or for further information please contact Matt Dunn on: 02078618950 EXT: 1564
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by: 16/01/2014
HCL Permanent London