Theatre Practitioner (Scrub)
BMI Bath Clinic is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Here at BMI Bath Clinic, we now have a full-time vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner (Scrub) to work 37.5 hours per week within the Theatres Department.
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
Full details of the duties involved, can be viewed on the role profile but will include:
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correct
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
It is essential that you are a Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration, that you have good Interpersonal and communication skills for this role. You must also be able to work as part of a team.
At interview, the Line Manager will be looking for good interpersonal and communication skills; confidence in dealing with people and a proven track record in handling issues and material of a confidential nature.
With a focus on excellent staff training, support and progression, BMI Healthcare is an excellent company to be a part of to launch/further your career in private healthcare.