Bank Pre-assessment Nurse
BMI The Meriden Hospital welcomes applications from Pre-assessment Nurses to join their bank.
- To assess and plan quality planned care for patients during their stay and visit.
- To ensure that all queries patients have will be answered effectively with the aim of empowering patients to actively participate in their plan of care.
- Assist in the planning of patient care and the delivery of an efficient nursing service
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your scope of practice.
- To periodically deputise for the team leader in his/her absence.
- Act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Assist in development and maintenance of outpatients standards and participate in audit process.
- Ensure accurate documentation of patients’ medical and social visitors.
- Be conversant with and comply with local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain good communication and excellent working relationships within the department, hospital and outside agencies.
- Participate in the ordering and maintenance of Outpatient stores and utilise effectively.
- Accept delegated responsibilities from senior staff in their absence and at other times as required.
- Perform any other relevant duties after a suitable training period in compliance with the NMC Scope of Practice and your sphere of competence.
- Ensure compliance with health & safety legislation. Document fully and inform management of any accident or complaint and ensure that steps are taken to prevent recurrences.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions throughout the year.
- Take responsibility in liaison with other staff for health & safety issues, e.g. infection control/COSHH.
- Ensure safe handling and maintenance of equipment.
- Store, administer and document all medications in accordance with hospital policy.
- Revenue capture.
- Link Nurse Role in a specialised area.
- To do yearly update in mentorship training and mentoring students and new staff.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
- Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
- Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
- Consultant and patient satisfaction
- Clinical quality indicators (such as infection rates)
- Outpatients standards audit
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered nurse with current NMC Registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- Administration of Intravenous (desirable)
- Phlebotomy competency (desirable)
To apply for this position please complete the online application form.