This job is no longer available
- You will play a key role within the home, overseeing and assisting every aspect of nursing care and activities within the home. You will be responsible for creating and updating individual care plans for our residents as well as maintaining clear, accurate, up-to-date medication records
- Drawing on your clinical experience, you will provide valuable support, guidance and assistance to the team around you
- By creating and developing strong relationships with key partners within the community, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand and raising the care home’s profile
- You’ll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home through efficient management of staff rotas, and from time to time, will provide cover out of hours, as required
Who we’re looking for
- You will be a level one Registered Nurse
- You will possess a sound and up-to-date knowledge of tissue viability, infection control and care planning
- With a real understanding of the benefits that the right nursing care can bring to residents’ lives, you will champion independence, choice and dignity by delivering the highest quality care to our residents
- An ability to build a warm rapport with residents and their families
- A natural educator, you will continually seek to share your knowledge of elderly care with those around you
- A good time manager, who can prioritise effectively and work independently.
What’s in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- Bupa Fit which is a staff health benefit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Bupa Cash Plan discounts
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Pension and life assurance scheme available
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
- Hot meal provided
- Uniform provided
About the home
Oak Lodge is a 71 bedded home that opened in February 2010, Oak Lodge is a new, purpose-built home designed for elderly residents, including those in need of specialist dementia care. It lies in the pleasant residential area of Bitterne, four miles from the centre of Southampton, and is close to local shops and amenities. Oak Lodge offers the very best care to suit residents’ individual needs. They provide long-term, nursing, dementia care, and respite to enable carers to take a much-deserved break. Oak Lodge also offers post-operative care.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. .