This job is no longer available
Bupa is one of the UK’s leading healthcare companies and Bupa Funding makes up a key part of our business. We provide a whole range of products and services to our customers, and are there when they need us most – whatever their stage of life, and whatever health and wellbeing challenges they face. You will be based in our state of the art offices at the prestigious Salford quays. Our environment is warm and welcoming, our facilities first class and every individual is here to make a difference. Roles are always rewarding and you’ll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Permanent, Full and Part time opportunities available (35 hours per week or pro rated)
Do you have what it takes to help shape the exciting case management developments that will be available to Bupa members?
Do you want to gain experience working with some of the country’s leading Mental Health professionals?
Do you want to gain experience working with some of the UK’s leading blue chip companies?
Do you have what it takes to be able to make a difference to our members care?
If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you – please read on for more information.
In this role you’ll be working with the Mental Health Support Team to support the implementation of case management. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help develop and shape a state of the art support structure accessing treatment and support from many sources and disciplines.
You will be equally comfortable communicating with Bupa’s network of leading consultant Psychiatrists and members who may need a great deal of support and encouragement to understand their symptoms and treatment options.
Supporting our specialist Mental health support team with clinical knowledge you will need to be up to date with the latest research and opinion. You will be supported in forming clinical opinion by our team of Associate Medical Directors . In addition you will be able to access support and development opportunities as a result of our cutting edge partnership with the Tavistock and Maudsley NHS Trusts.
- You will hold a current portfolio of members cases, working with them throughout their treatment journey to ensure that they are receiving the best care available to them at all stages of their journey and are accessing the correct treatment pathways available to them.
- You will assess and respond to funding applications for members received from providers for care in Inpatient, Day care and outpatient settings
- Exceptional communication with people at all levels, representing Bupa to our members, our provider partners and representing the team to colleagues throughout Bupa
- You will be a registered RMN with demonstrable post qualification experience on a ward or within treatment rooms
- An up to date knowledge of the latest thinking in the field and an ability to apply this to all communications and decision making is essential
- Good IT skills, comfortable with PC operation is vital
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to effectively organise and prioritise your personal workload is essential
- Experience working in both the public and private sectors would be advantageous
What we’ll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme, private medical insurance and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees). We’ll also help keep you in shape with free Bupa health screens and access to our 24 hour health line and give you regular training and coaching to support and develop you.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For more information on our equal opportunities please contact us.