Senior Support Worker
You should apply for this post if you are looking for a challenge. This home provides support for 7 people with learning disabilities, to live full and exciting lives.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day supervision of staff, modelling excellent support and care. Effectively deploying the team and other resources so that the people experience excellent outcomes
- Work within the Trust’s 7 core competencies; communication, achievement/ results orientation, customer focus, teamwork, leadership, planning & organising and commercial & business awareness
- To assist the people you support to be independent, have better communication skills to communicate their choices and decisions, have a variety of creative activities, and a sense of fulfilment and freedom
- Be innovative, flexible, open to a challenge, willing to try new activities, confident and calm under pressure
You will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with people with learning disabilities
- A relevant nursing qualification with a current NMC registration. RNLD, RNMH, ENLD or RGN qualification plus a recognised social care qualification or training and or relevant Level 3 Management qualification
- Maths and English GSCE or O level grade A-C / CSE grade 1
For further information about this role please contact Nicola Webster 0779 545 0076.
Please note - closing date for this post is 15th January, 2014.
We offer excellent staff benefits including a competitive pension scheme, generous holidays and childcare vouchers plus comprehensive training and development including sponsorship to gain a Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Please note - all successful applicants for this role will require an enhanced DBS check