Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse - ITUP - Mid Glamorgan
Thornbury Community Services is a leading independent provider of complex community care packages. As an employment agency we are continually looking for Paediatric Intensive Care Nurses (ITUPs) to work within our complex care packages in the community (tracheostomy/gastrostomy/ventilator care). Our ITUPs are responsible for the day-to-day care of the client, as well as supporting both the family and any healthcare assistants also working within the package. Whilst previous community experience is not essential you must be confident as a lone worker and be able to work within a team environment.
• Help in the assessing of each child’s nursing care needs
• Plan, deliver and implement the agreed plan of care
• Discuss the updating of care plans as necessary, and maintain accurate records
• Support and supervise Healthcare Assistants, where necessary, to maintain a high standard of care
• A registered nurse with a minimum of 12 months UK based paediatric complex health care experience within the last three years.
• Current NMC registration
• Confident as a lone worker
• Applicants should be friendly, self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and a keen interest in community based nursing
• A minimum of 12 months experience with Tracheostomy and Ventilator care
• Full UK driving license and assess to a vehicle for work purposes
• Thornbury Community Services provides 24 hr on call support from a registered nurse
• Highly competitive pay rates with a travel allowance of 25p per mile. We will also reimburse up to £40 (per trip) if you use public transport
• Bonus and incentive schemes available
• Option to join stakeholder pension scheme
• Holiday pay paid on every shift
• Accessible mandatory training updates
• Regular team meetings to ensure you are up-to-date with changes within the package
By working for Thornbury Community services you will have the option of working around existing commitments or taking the exciting step of full-time agency work. If you are looking for an extremely rewarding role, join us and help transform the life of a family.
Refer a friend scheme – Earn £250 if you recommend a paediatric nurse to join Thornbury (terms and conditions apply)
Thornbury Community Services currently have a wide variety of opportunities available so please feel free to contact us regarding this or any of our exiting opportunities on 0845 120 5280 or email email@example.com