This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare is the largest private hospital group in the UK, our reputation for the highest-quality care for our patients determines everything about the way we work. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for all patients treated in our 70 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
There is currently a permanent, part time (30 hours per week) Registered Nurse vacancy within the Stafford surgical ward at BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle.
- The post is responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care. The post holder is responsible for carrying out all forms of nursing care within the clinical areas.
- Perform comprehensive assessment of patient nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate care delivery as determined by care plans.
- Ensure care plans are regularly updated using evidence-based practice.
- Ensure that all patient information and treatment is accurately documented in their records.
- Comply with all agreed nursing and organisational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs according to the controlled drug policy.
- Support colleagues and management to ensure communication with all users of the service is of a high standard.
- Address highly sensitive and complex care issues with patients and carers who may have physical/psychological/social/cultural barriers to communication.
- Ensure all adverse occurrences are reported and you are familiar with the correct process for carrying this out.
- Delegate duties to suitably qualified and experienced members of the unit team as appropriate.
- Support colleagues in other parts of the hospital to ensure all patients have a safe journey through care.
- Ensure all equipment used is checked before use for cleanliness and is fit for purpose.
- Work daily in an environment that is subject to cytotoxic spillage and regular handling of blood and other bodily fluids.
- Able to deal with difficult behaviour on occasions where patients or their relatives feel angry and wish to complain.
Please see the attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to launch or further your career in the private healthcare industry, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form.