This job is no longer available
If you are looking to be part of a world renowned private healthcare hospital, in a role that will be ever evolving, offering you a chance to showcase your talent and develop and learn new skills, joining the team in the growing Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit at The Wellington Hospital could be right for you.
Our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit has grown from a seven bedded unit to a 60 bed department and, with a number of new beds available from January 2014, we’re looking to grow the fantastic team we have to support this. The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit is a key area of our hospital and one that goes beyond basic care of our patients. We’re looking for individuals who are dedicated to providing patients with holistic care, working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure they each have a truly individualised care plan and receive a best in class experience.
As an accolade to our investment in technology, staff training and developments of services, we are now in our third year of CARF accreditation. At The Wellington Hospital we invest in the development of our staff through training sessions and courses so you can be sure that you will be encouraged to learn, grow and develop your careers with us.
The Sister/Charge Nurse will be responsible for ensuring a high level of patient care at all times throughout the unit, taking overall responsibility. They will achieve this by working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure a holistic care package is provided to individual patients and creating an environment of open and clear communication and a culture of continuous development and improvement. They will be central to ensuring a consistently high standards of patient care.
They will also work very closely with the Modern Matron and other senior team members to review the services offered by the unit, constantly looking at ways to develop and increase the services offered to our patients and assist in the marketing of any changes made.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours on a rotational basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership, management and development of the Neurological Rehabilitation nursing team
- Assist the Modern Matron to actively lead and contribute to research and audit projects
- Ensure new initiatives, both local and hospital wide, are implemented smoothly into the department
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures, leading to a high level of patient satisfaction
- Coordinate the provision of an efficient and effective Neurological Rehabilitation service across a multidisciplinary team
- Budget and resource management
Skills & Experience
- RGN with current NMC PIN
- Relevant post-registration qualification
- ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with a variety of neurological conditions
- Strong experience working within a neurological rehabilitation setting
- Proven experience of staff management and development
About the Individual
The successful candidate will be a role model and have the ability to lead the team, ensuring both clinical standards and patient care is of the highest standard. They will have excellent mentorship and leadership skills, ensuring that the team is motivated, skilled and knowledgeable enabling them to deliver a consistently high standard of service. Finally, they will also have a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.