This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare is the largest private hospital group in the UK, our reputation for the highest-quality care for our patients determines everything about the way we work. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for all patients treated in our 70 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
We currently have a Registered Nurse - Oncology vacancy on the Richmond Ward at The Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle.
This vacancy is a permanent, part time (17.5 hours per week) contract.
- The post is responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care. The post holder is responsible for carrying out all forms of nursing care within the Richmond Oncology Suite.
- Perform comprehensive assessment of patient nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate care delivery as determined by care plans.
- Ensure care plans are regularly updated using evidence-based practice.
- After training administer IV Chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy IV treatments, ensuring prescriptions and regimes are followed.
- Ensure that all patient information and treatment is accurately documented in their records.
- Comply with all agreed nursing and organisational policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs according to the controlled drug policy.
- Support colleagues and management to ensure communication with all users of the service is of a high standard.
- Address highly sensitive and complex care issues with patients and carers who may have physical/psychological/social/cultural barriers to communication.
- Provide education to patients and relatives on aspects of chemotherapy treatment, including side effects and offer psychological support.
- Ensure all adverse occurrences are reported and you are familiar with the correct process for carrying this out.
- Delegate duties to suitably qualified and experienced members of the unit team as appropriate.
- Support colleagues in other parts of the hospital to ensure all patients have a safe journey through care.
- Ensure all equipment used is checked before use for cleanliness and is fit for purpose.
- Work daily in an environment that is subject to cytotoxic spillage and regular handling of blood and other bodily fluids.
- Able to deal with difficult behaviour on occasions where patients or their relatives feel angry and wish to complain.
Please note that oncology experience is essential to be eligible for this vacancy.
Please see attached role profile for further information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this role.
To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch in due course.