This job is no longer available
Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse
Band 5 £25,665 - £33,481
Band 6 £30,939.60 - £41,436
Pulse is delighted to be working in partnership with a very well established NHS London teaching hospital to recruit Neonatal Intensive Care Nurses.
Working within a state of the art unit you will be committed to delivering a high standard of nursing care and want to develop your NICU career. The Level 3 Neonatal unit takes referrals for acutely ill and pre-term babies from North Central London Perinatal Network and beyond. Consisting of 17 Intensive Care cots including 3 dedicated neurological cots and 15 special care babies and transitional care cots, it is renowned for its outstanding service.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Assisting with pre and postoperative care of babies with cardiac and surgical conditions
- Providing quality care to premature babies, babies with critical medical problems or babies that are considered high risk
- Facilitating a transitional care service alongside the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT)
- Prenatal counselling for women with high-risk pregnancies and for women referred to the Fetal Medicine Unit
- Engaging with babies families and providing support and guidance.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in a Neonatal or Special care Baby unit and be a proactive individual who would like to build and progress their career within this specialty. Any additional NICU or teaching postgraduate courses are desirable but not essential.
In return you will be rewarded by joining a centre of excellence for neonatal and maternity care with a friendly and motivated MDT. Genuine professional development will also be given to those who are interested in career pathways alongside the scope to enhance your Intensive Therapy skills and progress to managing the Special Care and High Dependency area. There are also incentives for those who relocate to London.
If you are interested in this exciting and unique opportunity then please complete the application form and one of our team with be in touch with you as soon as possible. You can also call Sara on 0207 959 1004.