ODP required, Band 5 critical, based in Hampshire, South England
Rate of pay: £25 per hour.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable anaesthetics/scrub/recovery Operating Department Practitioners to join a busy theatres department, within a large teaching hospital based in Hampshire, South UK. Our Client has a number of specialist services over two levels, including Neurosurgery, orthopaedics and ophthalmology, boasting a phenomenal 24 operating theatres.
HCL Nursing is one of the leading healthcare suppliers in the UK. Our recruitment consultants hold a wealth of experience, and our objective is finding the right roles for the right people, creating strong relationships and continued care.
The role entails:
- Assisting with the smooth running of procedures, making sure they are as safe and effective as possible
- Providing individual care and attention
- Acting as link between the surgical team and other departments necessary
- Supporting the needs of the surgical team
- Monitoring the patients
- Assisting the patient prior to surgery and providing holistic care
- Use of clinical skills such as the preparation of a wide range of specialist equipment and drugs, including anesthetic machines, intravenous equipment and devices to safely secure the patients airway during anesthesia
- Assisting the anaesthetist
The ideal candidate will be available to start ASAP, for either ad hoc or ongoing basis work. To be considered for this role, you should be conscientious and hard working, used to demanding environments, have a flexible attitude, and experienced within a peri-operative setting.
Strong communication skills are vital and possessing a genuine need to help people are essential, along with the following:
- NMC registration
- Full EPP clearance
- Good use of English, written and oral
- Proof of right to work in the UK
HCL Nursing is a HTE Framework approved agency, and are committed to excellent customer service. All of our candidates are offered competitive rates of pay along with a daily payroll service. We provide a FREE compliance process, with the offer specialist training and support.
Please call the theatres team on 0207 861 8933, or e-mail a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply now.