This job is no longer available
As a Level 1 Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number, you will have experience in your field and be a caring and compassionate professional.
About the Role
We are looking for nurses to join our Bank staff in the following areas - Endoscopy; Paediatrics; Cardiac; Surgical; Adult Main Theatres; Oncology; Intensive Care; Neuro/Ortho; Outpatients.
Please state when making your application, which department you have experience in.
Our Bank nurses provide essential cover during busy periods and cover holidays. You will work as part of the multi disciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to the patient undergoing medical treatment.
You will be responsible for the assessment of patients care needs and for the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
Role Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensure high standards of care for patients and their families by:
o Delivery and management of direct nursing care,
o Working with agreed nursing standards and according to Nursing and Midwifery Council Code for nurses,
o Being accountable for nursing outcomes,
o Enhancing the quality of care by assisting with the management of change in nursing practice based on evidence/research.
• Plan and organise own workload in order to meet patient need.
• Understand the principles of delivering prescribed treatment safely to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Within a system of case management, co-ordinate and monitor the progress of patient care and report any variance appropriately.
• Ensure the correct storage and administration of medications in accordance with the hospital policies and NMC Standards for Medicine Management and ensure the safe handling of drug keys at all times.
• Practice multidisciplinary team care and contribute actively towards its successful management.
• Act at all times as the patient advocate.
• Work in accordance with the Nursing Strategy to meet the Hospital and Nursing objectives.
• Manage nursing care and assist with additional management requirements according to planned off duty rota.
• Contribute to the effective management of the hospital by:
o Adopting a flexible approach to personal off duty rota,
o Assisting with requirements when clinical activity alters,
o Assisting senior nursing staff in the forward planning of absences,
o Participating in effective use of temporary staff,
o Working in other areas within the hospital as required.
We offer a dynamic working environment; competitive salary; excellent benefits and access to personal development opportunities.
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We offer a rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
We offer a range of benefits for our bank staff :
• Annual leave will accrue on a monthly basis, equivalent to 20 days per year, from commencement of employment and be based on the number of hours worked per month.
• We believe in our business and the difference it can make, offering you discounted private medical insurance.
• All employees benefit from a specialist online discount website covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
• Our subsidised gym membership will help you keep in tip top shape! If you would prefer a full-body massage, we offer them free to staff too!
• And to keep you well fed, we have a subsidised staff restaurant and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.
About Bupa Cromwell Hospital
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We attract leading consultants and doctors recognised for excellence in their specialised fields. We invest heavily in state-of-the-art equipment. At the heart of everything, we recruit and train excellent clinical and support staff.
We have established a reputation for innovation and are committed to providing the highest quality healthcare. We do this through highly-trained clinical and support staff and leading consultants and doctors recognised for excellence in their specialised fields.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This post requires the disclosure of all criminal record information, including details of “spent" convictions, cautions, reprimands, final warnings, police enquires and pending prosecutions, through a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. If appropriate, you are encouraged to submit appropriate written details and dates in relation to this requirement and any other information that may improve our understanding and allow a fair decision to be made as to your suitability. The successful candidate for this position will require an enhanced disclosure.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.