This job is no longer available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Trainer to join our Training and Development Team to effectively identify clinical development requirements and deliver against these across the Healthcare at Home workforce to meet the needs of the business.
We are the UK’s leading provider of home healthcare, offering an unrivalled service of personal medical care to a wide range of patients in the comfort of their own homes. We also provide supporting services in the wider community and on site for the NHS.
Over the last few years our business has grown rapidly and we currently employ around 1000 staff, including 250 dedicated and experienced nurses. Offering valuable training, dynamic opportunities and a friendly, supportive environment, Healthcare at Home is an exciting place to take your career to another level.
- Responsibility and accountability for understanding development requirements for the clinical population.
- Scope, design, deliver and evaluate all Learning and Development interventions across the clinical areas.
- Keep current material up to date in line with CQC audit requirements.
- Develop engaging learning material using the correct media in line with best learning and development practice.
- Work alongside the Head of Learning and Development to establish a TNA of clinical requirements.
- Assess clinical skills at first line ensuring initial sign off of competence.
- Ensure current best practice in line with clinical skills is kept up to date.
- Ensure any existing specialism’s are utilised effectively to support the business with development expertise.
- Build effective relationship at all levels of the business.
- Act as a coach/mentor as required to support the on-going development of front line teams.
- Deliver best in class learning interventions in line with mandatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and company guidelines.
- Provide expert knowledge on clinical development.
- Work with the wider Learning and Development Team to ensure common working practice.
- Work flexibly in the field to reduce training costs and deliver effective ROI.
- Support the management development offering in line with the clinical needs of the business and individuals.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required by the business.
Scale and Scope:
Location: To be based within commutable distance of Burton. Role requires regular national travel and some overnight stays.
This document outlines the skills, ability and knowledge required to undertake the role outlined in this document for Healthcare at Home. All applicant and job holders must fulfil the requirement outlined below, and unless otherwise stated should be assumed to be essential - desirable criteria is specifically denoted by ‘(D)’.
Planning and Organising
Initiative and innovation
Teamwork and Leadership
Client and Customer Focus
Skills and Abilities:
Hold registered nursing qualification through the NMC.
Clinical training and development experience.
Creative and engaging approach to training.
Team worker and comfortable lone worker.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
Up to date knowledge of core clinical procedures.
Mentorship certification (Desirable)
Coaching qualification (Desirable)
Up to date knowledge of CQC Registered Manager status and fulfilment criteria.
Up to date with clinical delivery techniques and national best practice for relevant clinical areas (e.g. Safeguarding, IV infusion techniques, Oncology protocols).
Strong engaging delivery technique.
Willing to undertake continual professional development.
Ability to act on own initiative and act decisively when required.
Excellent communicator capable of rapidly establishing credibility across all levels of the business.
A pragmatic approach, with the ability to overcome barriers to make things happen. Demonstrates a sound understanding of the current healthcare market.
Adult and / or Children safeguarding experience as required in area of responsibility (Desirable)
Education and Training:
- Full UK drivers licence (or equivalent)
- Current NMC Registration
- Degree level qualification (Desirable)
- Nursing teaching qualification (Desirable)
- CTP/CIPD/TAP qualification (Desirable)
- Proven track record of training within a clinical environment.
Must be able to work flexibly to meet the changing needs of the business including but not limited to weekends, bank holidays, out of hours working.
Healthcare at Home is an Equal Opportunities Employer