This job is no longer available
Our client is a national charity providing essential breaks for disabled people and carers providing short breaks for disabled people and carers, with 24-hour nursing care on-call at accessible Centres in Essex, Southampton and Southport. All of their centres provide personal support and a choice of activities and excursions.
In Chigwell vacancies are available for Registered Nurses to provide accurate complex assessment and deliver high quality care for disabled people in a holiday/respite setting. In all instances competitive salaries and benefits packages are on offer commensurate with these key positions within this highly regarded charitable organisation.
Summary of Main Duties:
Delivery of care
1. To deliver a high standard of professional nursing care, including the promotion of privacy, dignity and confidentiality at all times.
2. To promote the Nursing and Midwifery Council requirements for registration and the NMC's Code of Conduct
3. To encourage the communication between service users, carers and healthcare personnel.
4. To carry out specific daily nursing care for guests as advised by their GP and in accordance with individual care plans
5. To be responsible for liaison with the guests own GP or medical advisors and/or centre doctor in the event of any problems or queries that may arise and make written reports as necessary
6. Responsible for storing and administering all drugs and medicines in accordance with Care Quality Commission standards and NMC guidlines and as advised by the guests GP or medical advisor.
7. Keeping accurate and thorough records of all guests on a daily basis.
8. Report all accidents and incidents relating to guests, volunteers and staff to the centre management team. Take appropriate action in each instance. Complete all relevant paperwork and if necessary inform relevant authorities.
9. Advising and actively supporting other staff and volunteers in the general care of guests.
10. Contact the next of kin in the event of any serious change in the condition of the guests and make reports as necessary. Inform the duty manager.
11. Liaise closely with the Head of Care and other nurses. Supply all relevant details and information when "handing over" at the end of each shift.
12. Report all complaints from guests to the duty manager immediately.
13. Liaise with the chef in relation to special dietary requirements.
14. Ordering and maintaining stock levels of drugs/medical equipment and ensuring that it is stored safely.
15. Assist with daily routines within the centre.
16. Attend staff meetings and training as required by the management team.
17. To participate in training of other staff members, volunteers and students.
18. Any other reasonable duties required by the management team in relation to the overall welfare of the guests and service.
19. When on night duty, assist care staff and volunteers in helping guests to bed. Carry out regular night checks on guests as per the care plan, to ensure they are comfortable and safe. Carry out routine duties as directed by the Head of Care or Senior Nurse on duty.
20. To carry out pre assessment calls and identify all care requirements
21. To ensure the safe checking on of guest care needs and fully complete all relevant paperwork
22. To be aware of the implications of relevant mandatory and statutory regulation, for example, safeguarding of vulnerable adults, child protection, deprivation of liberties, and mental capacity.
23. To assess and manage tissue viability
24. To respond appropriately to requirements and recommendations of CQC
25. To carry out the Clinical Audit
26. Shift leader duties as required by the management team
27. Supervision and appraisal, Induction of staff as directed by Head of Care
28. Implementation and management of Quality Assurance programme
29. Commitment to high level of Customer Service
30. To manage the delivery of and management of risk assessments
31. Responsibility for care planning and evaluation of all guests
32. Support to the Centre Manager in meeting the occupancy targets for the centre
33. Budget management for income and expenditure
1 To undertake any further training as necessary.
2 To keep abreast of current trends in nursing and social care.
3 To maintain professional NMC registration, according to the requirements as specified by the registration body.
4 To maintain own clinical expertise, continuing professional development, and effective clinical leadership behaviours.