What is this Advert about?
Precedo Healthcare Services are actively seeking an experienced registered General Nurse to create a positive difference and to enhance your career prospects. You will be working within general medical and surgical wards within NHS trusts in Chesterfield.
Your future position
Precedo Healthcare Services are actively seeking an experienced Registered General Nurse to work on general medical and surgical wards within NHS trusts in Rotherham. You get the opportunity to work on a different ward each shift; this offers a diverse and enjoyable experience for you, so ideally we will need someone who is after a challenge.
This position is flexible, whether you are looking for 1 or 6 shifts a week. We have the resources to ensure your training is all up to date (and free of charge). The working patterns range from day and night shifts and are generally short notice cover so we are looking for someone versatile enough to cover this. On occasion you may be booked in advance. You should be competent in the following;
- Assessments, planning and implementation of care programmes
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
- Effective communication skills (written, non-verbal & verbal)
- Able to function effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, uses own initiative and will make decision
- Able to prioritise workload (self and others), delegate tasks and meet deadlines
- Able to supervise and train junior staff
- Time management and effective delegation skills
- IT skills
- Maintains clear and accurate records of assessments made, nursing care and treatment delivered and how effective these have been
- Recording an ECG
- Basic life support
- Wound Care
Precedo Healthcare Services are an agency. If an agency is something new to you please allow us to put you into the picture. We have a friendly bookings team who take your availability for when you want to work for the week. Then we match your availability to shifts that our clients would like filling. If the match is suitable we get you booked in, easy!
Our ideal candidate includes
- Experience in a general medical or surgical ward
- 6 months proven experience within the last 18 months
- Two clinical references from your most recent and previous employer
- Provide immunisation evidence against Hepatitis B, MMR, TB and Varicella (chicken pox)
- A registered member of and hold an NMC pin
Please note that our dedicated recruitment team do in depth checks to ensure we provide the highest quality staffing to the industry. This will include you being referenced, enhance DBS (formerly CRB) checked, interviewed and trained before commencing work.
Enhanced DBS disclosure costs to be met by the applicant.
The rate of pay for this role is a minimum of £13.86 to £22.18 per hour dependant on shift patterns. The role is permanent but hours will vary from week to week.
In the first instance, interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org however if you have additional questions please contact Adam in the Recruitment Team on 01246 299700.
Please note that if you are not contacted within 7 days of submitting your application then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Precedo Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to delivering high quality care and service delivery.