Healthcare Assistant for Hospitals
Who are we and what is available?
We are actively seeking an experienced Healthcare Assistant to create a positive difference. You will be working within general medical or surgical wards within NHS hospitals in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
Here at Precedo Healthcare we offer a friendly, personable and professional service for our candidates, staff and clients. We are proud to be a tiered Healthcare agency to the NHS foundation trusts.
Your future position
this role gives you the opportunity to offer support and care for those that genuinely need it and who will appreciate your professionalism the most. You should be competent in the following;
- Assisting patients with personal hygiene needs
- Continence requirements
- Moving and handling patients safely
- Assisting with eating and drinking
- Handling personal possessions and documents
- Maintaining patients’ safety and wellbeing
- May undertake some clerical duties
- Assisting qualified staff by carrying out routine personal care duties
- Supervision and management will be available
If an agency is something new to you please allow us to put you into the picture. We have a friendly bookings team who take your availability for when you want to work for the week. Then we match your availability to shifts that our clients would like filling. If the match is suitable we get you booked in, easy! It also means that you will be able to gain experience in fresh and diverse environments you originally may not have had an opportunity in.
Ideally we would like you to have;
- Experience in a general medical or surgical ward
- 6 months proven experience within the last 18 months
- Two clinical references from your most recent and previous employer
- Access to own transport which is desirable but not essential
- Able to communicate effectively with the team
- Flexible and happy to travel throughout the area
Please note that our dedicated recruitment team do in depth checks to ensure the highest quality candidates. This will include you being referenced, enhance CRB checked, interviewed and trained to a minimum high standard.
Enhanced CRB disclosure costs to be met by the applicant.
The rate of pay for this role is a minimum of £7.32 to £14.48 per hour dependant on shift patterns. The role is permanent but hours will vary from week to week.
Interested candidates should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information call Adam on 01246 299700.