This job is no longer available
Staff Nurse - NIghts
The Chaucer Hospital - Canterbury - Kent
Competitive salary plus benefits
Role type Permanent, Part-time
The Chaucer Hospital, an acute care, private hospital based in Canterbury, Kent, is part of BMI Healthcare, aiming to be the first choice provider of a range of clinical specialities in the South East.
A vacancy for a part time Staff Nurse- Nights on the Cornwallis Ward has recently arisen to provide a consistently high standard of research based nursing care, in line with the individual patient needs. The full range of duties can be viewed on the role profile, but include the following:
- To maintain a high standard of nursing care and professionalism at all times.
- To ensure that standards of customer care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the department team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all customers, employees and visitors.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Orientate new members of staff
- To maintain patient records
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the department and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence.
To apply, you will need to be RN Level 1 or 2 qualified, have a current NMC registration with associated knowledge of the NMC Code of Practice and be able to evidence your sustained professional development. A good sense of team is also required, along with very effective communication and organisational skills.
This post is subject to an enhanced CRB check and would suit applicants who want to begin and/or develop their nursing skills within the private healthcare sector. BMI Healthcare, the largest provider of private healthcare in the UK, offers a friendly professional environment in which to operate, along with competitive salary rates and benefits.