Director of Nursing
Director of Nursing
North West England
Competitive salary plus benefits
We currently have a vacancy for a full time, permanent Director of Nursing working 37.5 hours per week in one of our North West England hospitals.
- Maintain an organisational overview for the delivery clinical governance, risk management priorities and quality of services so that the hospital is safe and meets CQC regulations.
- Work as part of a cohesive senior leadership team and, as appropriate, take the lead responsibility for the development and implementation of strategies and business plans that ensure there is integrated governance.
- Provide leadership and coaching to develop the Clinical team.
- Key responsibilities will include integrated governance, resource management, clinical service development, patient relationships and consultant relationships.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse, preferably has a Master's degree in a nursing-related field.
- Strong nursing experience, with some time in a supervisory or leadership positions such as Nursing Supervisor or Nurse Manager role.
- A track record of leading professional nursing and governance issues in a large, complex health care organisation
- Demonstrable track record of achievement within nursing at senior level
- Experience in integrated health and social care fields
- Evidence of implementing effective systems of governance.
- Evidence of successful change management
- Evidence of innovation and service modernisation
- Knowledge and understanding of NHS policy and healthcare political environment
- Political awareness and ability to influence and work with stakeholders at all levels
- Drive, enthusiasm, resourcefulness and a passion for nursing with a strong desire to make a difference
- Understands how to build relationships with customers / consultants to ensure the delivery of high quality service
- Values differing points of view and remains open-minded to changing circumstances and new information
- Works cooperatively and willing to lean from other to achieve shared goals and optimise the contribution of all members of a team
- Uses a flexible and adaptable leadership style to lead, manage and coach a team effectively to deliver results
- Ability to work in a climate of rapid change, uncertainty and where there may be resistance to change
- Is authoritative and sympathetic at the same time.
- With an focus on support and development, BMI Healthcare is a great place to further your private healthcare career.
To be considered for this role please apply via the link below.
Closing date 01/03/2013