This job is no longer available
Childrens Home Manager
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum +Excellent Benefits
Full time- 37.5hrs p/w
Location: South London
PULSE is working alongside a private organisation to recruit for an expereinced Children’s Home Manager to oversee the running of a newly built Children’s Home in South London.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and creative Home Manager to be part of a new project and really work to help make this a success!
As a Children’s Home Manager you will be responsible for the running of a 3 bedded home providing a respite service for 10-18 year olds who have suffered neglect at home, or those coming out of foster care. This is a diverse role whereby staff will be caring for children with challenging behaviour (sometimes as a result of abuse and negative experiences), children with learning disabilities or complex behavioural disorders. You will provide housing, support and care for people at different stages of their life.
Roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Being absolutely committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to ensure that the quality of care provided is consistent with National Minimum Standards.
- You will be required to provide staff supervision and mentoring, plan and facilitate staff recruitment, rotas and training, and ensure that the home is fully compliant with OFSTED and company policies and procedures.
- To support every child to ensure that their physical, social and emotional needs are met
- To support the personal development of each child, ensuring that they are treated as an individual with their own unique support needs
- To ensure that the dignity and individuality of each child is respected and that they are able to exercise their own personal choice
- To work in accordance with the companies vision statement, policies and procedures, and all relevant legalisation
We are looking for a Children’s Home Manager:
- With previous experience of working with young people who have complex emotional needs.
- Level 4 in Health and Social Care/Level 5 Diploma Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services or other equivalent qualification
- Good knowledge and experience of OFSTED regulations
In return for your commitment and hard work, our client will provide you with an excellent remuneration package between £30,000 - £40,000 plus excellent training opportunities, pension scheme and performance related pay package.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting role please call Bridget on 0207 959 1163 or email Bridget.Donkor@pulsejobs.com