This job is no longer available
BMI Healthcare's The South Cheshire Private Hospital has 32 patient rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has two theatres, a minor procedures suite and access to an intensive care unit through our close relationship with the NHS hospital at Leighton, whose site we share.
The South Cheshire Private Hospital has two vacancies for Theatre Practitioners - Scrub, one is full time, 37.5 hours per week and the part time post is to work 20 hours per week.
The purpose of this role is to provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care and to support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
- Orthopaedic experience is preferable
For more details, please see the attached job description.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work