This job is no longer available
BMI The Highfield Hospital has 47 beds with most rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has three theatres and a high dependency unit.
As a Theatre practitioner - Scrub/Anaesthetics the purpose of your role will be to provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care and to support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
Some of your core responsibilities for this role will be:
- Assisting in the delivery of patient care
- Contributing to quality improvement
- Developing and enhancing the skills and knowledge of others and self
Some of your key accountabilities for this role will be:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
This is a full time position to work 37.5 hours per week. Please see the attached role profile for further details and requirements of the role.
You will be required to have NMC or HPC registration and have completed a recognised anaesthetics course.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please complete the online application form by clicking the link below.