This job is no longer available
BMI The Duchy Hospital has 27 beds with all rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, TV and telephone. The hospital has 2 theatres including endoscopy.
As a Registered Nurse covering Maternity Leave you will be required to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care and to work as part of the team. The role will be part time to work 20 hours per week. Some of your core duties will include;
- To deliver high quality patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
- To undertake clinical competency assessment of junior/support staff, within own qualification and remit.
- To participate in integrated governance and risk assessment and its reporting as required.
- To undertake delegated responsibility for senior staff during short periods of absence.
- To administer medicines in accordance with NMC guidelines, BMI healthcare policies and procedures
- To input to the development of the service / practice within area of additional / lead responsibility.
You will be required to have current registration with the NMC and have previous experience of working within an acute surgical or medical envirinment.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.