CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST (COMMUNITY PALLIATIVE CARE)
Specialist palliative care continues to evolve and change. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join a dynamic team of 6.4, whole time equivalent, clinical nurse specialists. The team provides a seven day service to the patients of Chorley, South Ribble, Preston and Longridge
The successful candidate must have a strong desire to contribute to modern palliative care and help drive new initiatives. The team is well supported by the Community Services Manager and Consultant in Community Palliative Medicine.
The candidate must:
- Be a first level registered nurse with at least five years’ post registration experience.
- Have at least two years’ experience working in the cancer or palliative care setting. Applicants, who are able to demonstrate other relevant and substantial experience will be considered, for example experience of working with those with long term conditions.
- Have a relevant first degree
- Have experience in teaching.
- Have experience of working in the community.
- Possess a current driving licence and have daily access to their own motor vehicle.
An informal presentation will be required.
The title of the presentation will be available from the hospice website, www.stcatherines.co.uk
St Catherine’s can offer you a friendly and caring working environment with employment conditions including continuation in the NHS pension scheme or the offer to join a stakeholder pension scheme which includes death in service cover of three times salary, up to 36 days holiday per year including bank holidays, and support offered for personal development.
Closing date for this application is suggest 12pm, Friday 22nd February 2013
Interviews are likely to be Friday 8th March 2013
Informal visits are welcomed by the Hospice and can be arranged by contacting Nikki Dobson, Resources Coordinator on 01772 629171.
If you have not heard by Friday 1st March 2013 then on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Full details of the role together with an on-line application form are available from the hospice website, www.stcatherines.co.uk
The above positions are subject to enhanced clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau