National Clinical Bank Team Manager
To support, manage and co-ordinate the national clinical bank resource and in doing so contribute to the growth and success of the Company, assisting in the development and maintenance of an efficient, profitable and high quality home care service.
· Participate in setting and maintaining standards of best clinical practice in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct / Healthcare Professions Code of Practice.
· Liaise with the regional clinical managers, to ensure bank staff receive local support, are competency assessed and their clinical practice is audited.
· Maintain accurate staff competency records.
· Address gaps in clinical competence and take responsibility for ensuring remedial actions are put in place.
· When necessary, travel to the various regions to assess clinical practice, provide support and resolve issues at a local level.
· Ensure annual mandatory training is completed and coordinate access to other training required to maintain clinical competence within the role.
· Facilitate appropriate local and national induction of all newly appointed bank staff.
· Maintain exemplary standards of clinical practice through regular staff supervision and appraisal.
· Ensure adequate provision, maintenance and appropriate use of clinical supplies and equipment.
· Ensure that all clinical documentation is accurate and received by the regional offices in a timely manner, in accordance with Information Governance, company policy and NMC guidelines.
· Ensure that company documentation e.g. expenses, timesheets, requests for CRB & NMC renewal are completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
· Ensure that bank staff adhere at all times to Healthcare at Home policies and procedures.
· Maintain own professional CPD profile and meet prep requirements by attending and contributing to relevant courses / conferences and maintaining clinical competence.
· Demonstrate compliance with Health and Safety regulations such as the Health and Social Care Act 2010 and the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
· Have a working knowledge of the regulatory requirements of HQS and the Care Quality Commission standards and support the Regional Clinical Managers by ensuring bank staff comply accordingly.
- To ensure compliance with the Health and Social care Act regulations 2010 by adhering to the Care Quality Commission standards at all times.
- To ensure a valid and up to date NMC Registration, HCPC Registration or any other required Professional Registration is held and maintained at all times.
· Support the forward planning of demand by managing an efficient and proactive system for obtaining bank staff availability, communicating this effectively and in a timely manner to the scheduling team.
· Support the scheduling team when required to ensure the appropriate allocation of bank resource, taking into consideration the competencies of bank staff in order to fulfil all service level agreements.
· Play an active role in the recruitment of new bank staff, working with the Scheduling Manager and Regional Clinical Managers to predict the need for additional bank resource.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the business and clinical requirements of the nursing regions.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the clinical division’s KPIs, business plan and budget.
· Monitor the working patterns and hours of bank staff so as to manage any resulting bank work remuneration, promote business efficiencies and meet working time directives.
- Respond in a timely manner to company communications and provide evidence of information cascade to the team.
· Work closely with key Healthcare at Home operational staff (regional nursing managers, scheduling, quality team, training etc.) to promote a high standard of service within the bank workforce.General
· Lead by example and work at all times to promote Healthcare at Home, ensuring that the bank team always serve as ambassadors for the company.
· Attend meetings within the clinical division, other HAH departments and externally when required.
· Have a flexible approach to working hours.
· Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
· A current clean driving licence is essential.Experience:
- RGN part 1 NMC Register
- Formal training/mentoring qualification is an advantage
- Management qualification / experience desirable.
- Experience in administration of IV therapies. Personal Skills & Qualities:
· Responds positively to new challenges.
· Possesses effective negotiation and communication skills.
· Demonstrates good organisational skills.
· Take a proactive approach.
· Self-motivated, dedicated and committed.
· Demonstrates respect, honour and integrity.
· Motivates and develops others.
· Creates a positive working environment.
· Has a strong professional image and personal credibility.
· Works as a flexible member of the team.
· Demonstrates interest and participation in the business and industry.
Planning and Organising
Teamwork and Leadership
Motivation and Commitment
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. It is our practice to review all job descriptions regularly and update them where necessary to ensure that they are a true reflection of the job which is being done, or to incorporate changes where they are found to be inaccurate. This procedure is conducted jointly by the manager and the job holder.
You will therefore be expected to participate fully in such discussions with a view to reaching agreement on any changes felt to be necessary. If agreement is not possible, management reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description in line with your grade/level in the organisation, after consultation with you.
Healthcare at Home is an Equal Opportunities Employer.