This job is no longer available
Surgical Nurse RGN/RN
We are currently seeking Surgical Nurse’s (RN; RGN) who can work in Hospitals, Acute Care Units, and Outpatient Clinics. The flexible hours of work are ideal for those looking for a better work life balance, with the option of working early, late or night shifts. Ambition24hours offer attractive pay rates up to £34.70 per hour depending on skills and grades required.
You will need the ability to think critically. You will be alert to subtle changes in patients' behaviors or symptoms that help them detect surgical complications, such as bleeding or infection. Excellent communication skills are essential, as nurses are often the primary caregivers for surgical patients and must communicate with fellow health team members as well as the patients and their families. A successful surgical nurse possesses empathy for patients, especially when it comes to pain management. Nearly all patients experience some pain or discomfort after surgery, and a nurse must monitor patients carefully to create and manage an effective pain control regimen.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Educating patients on surgical procedures.
- Providing preoperative, inter-operative and post operative care to patients.
- Managing pain.
- Discharge planning.
- Working closely with other healthcare professionals.
- Maintaining a patient’s physical and psychosocial health.
- Acting in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct at all times
- Observing and recording the condition of patients
- Complying with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors
To apply for any of our vacancies you must:
- Have a minimum of 6 months resent experience within a hospital/surgical environment
- Have an up to date NMC pin
- Be able to complete satisfactory CRB/POVA checks
- Be authorised to work in the EEC
- Be able to provide 2 employment references
- Have an understanding and practice of the CQC code of conduct
Ambition24hours offer a 24-7 service, 365 days a year to both clients and staff registered with us. We are committed to providing our clients with the best staff on the market at short notice, and our pay rates reflect this. We offer online and classroom training courses. Once you are registered with A24 you can access
and look at your compliance status, ask questions, and update availability - therefore being more in control of your records and compliance. Our systems are very intelligent and in addition to the
portal, email reminders will be sent to you on a regular basis providing you with time to comply with any requirements.