This job is no longer available
Coyle Medical is currently seeking a confident Clinical Manager for a leading UK cancer charity. You have to be a qualified RGN with current membership of the NMC. You will provide effective management and leadership, and conduct performance and development reviews of the Helpline staff, to ensure motivated performance, high quality service delivery and achievement of the business plan.
Salary: £25 - £30.00 per hour/on-going placement (minimum 3 months)
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Start: February 2013
Duties and key responsibilities
· Plan and manage the professional development of the Helpline team, ensuring key objectives are met as laid out in the Training and Development plan.
· Ensure appropriate orientation package is in place for new Helpline staff and co-ordinate and contribute to their clinical training.
· Ensure provision, manage and regularly evaluate clinical supervision
· Ensure relevant policies for the Helpline are in place and the service operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
· Represent the Helpline service at internal meetings and report back to the Helpline team as appropriate.
· Adhere to the standards of good practice outlined in the NMC professional code of conduct
· Ensure maintenance of relevant nursing registrations for the clinical team, and own role, to ensure compliance with PREP requirements.
Line management & Budget management
· Provide effective management and support around the core competencies required of a specialist nurse.
· Ensure that the rota system effectively delivers key activities in a structure way ensuring measurability to establish trends which can be proactively responded to.
· Manage and motivate staff during a period of growth and change while developing different ways of providing a support service to our target audience.
What particular skills are required for the role?
· Ability to effectively lead and motivate a team - essential
· Change management experience - an advantage
· Working knowledge and delivering services through social media – an advantage
· Ability to prioritise work, work to tight deadlines and meet personal and organisational objectives - essential
· IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office - essential
· Clinical experience in the field of urology and/or oncology - beneficial but not essential
· Successful experience of planning and implementing service developments – strongly desirable
· Line management of nurses and budget management experience -essential
· Planning Training and Development programmes for clinical staff - essential
· Registered General Nursing certification
· Knowledge of Data protection issues
· Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in achieving targets and outcomes
For more information about this exciting role please contact Mirka on 0207 562 1814 /07831 451393 or email me on email@example.com