This job is no longer available
Head of Infection Prevention & Control
Waterloo Head Office - Central London (negotiable)
Competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare now have a vacancy available for a Head of Infection Prevention & Control to join our nursing leadership team. While ideally located in our London Waterloo head office, we are open to negotiation on your base. With 69 hospitals across the United Kingdom there will be a high level of travel involved.
· To develop and review corporate policies for local adaptation.
· To provide direction and leadership to the operational site IPC Liaison Nurses.
· To advise hospitals on the implementation of these policies and participate in the assessment of their effectiveness.
· To ensure accurate reporting of IPC data in all group locations using Sentinel and other Group reporting systems.
· To collate and analyse group wide IPC data to identify trends and issues of concern and to advise on the implementation of appropriate action to minimise the risk of recurrence.
· Provision of IPC data to Assistant Group Clinical Governance Director to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
· Timely reporting of all mandatory data to national bodies such as HPA.
· To assist in the investigations of outbreaks or adverse infection rate trends.
· To prepare IPC reports for presentation to the Clinical Governance Board and Group Quality & Risk Committee.
· To participate in Provider Visits.
· To provide IPC advice and information to the Group Clinical Governance Director to enable the Board to make informed decisions.
· To provide IPC advice and information to all sites and the Quality & Risk team.
· To ensure the achievement of an effective IPC audit programme for the group.
· To ensure effective communication on IPC issues is achieved throughout the Group.
· To advise on IPC aspect of mandatory training programme.
· Maintenance of own continuous professional development and up to date knowledge of IPC issues.
· To set appropriate infection rate targets for the company.
Specific Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
· Registered Nurse
· Minimum of diploma level qualification in IPC. Degree in IPC desirable
· Holds clear driver’s licence
· Up to date knowledge of IPC legislation, regulatory and reporting requirements.
· Practical knowledge of the operational challenges of a large successful Group.
· Has worked in a management role for a period of at least 3 years.
· Has managed IPC in a healthcare setting.
· Has set and implemented policy.
· Has experience of managing change.
· Holds membership of a national IPC group
· Excellent leadership skills with the ability to influence performance.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels formally and informally.
· Good presentation and teaching skills
· Enthusiastic and innovative.
· Good interpersonal skills and effective team player.
· Demonstrated ability to set personal objectives that support the business/team goals and personal motivation to deliver results.
· Ability to prioritise and plan workload for routine and unexpected circumstances.
· Ability to draft policies and reports to a high standard.
· Self-motivated and able to travel to and work in multiple locations throughout the United Kingdom. You will need to have a driving license.
· Ability to generate new ideas, possibilities and creative alternatives to enhance overall quality and performance and leads implementation.
· Fully computer literate
With a focus on excellent staff training, support and progression, BMI Healthcare is an excellent company to be a part of to launch/further your career in private healthcare.
Closing date 24/02/2013