Health Care Assistant - HCA - Gwent
Job Description – Health Care Assistant
As an employment agency, Thornbury Nursing Services (TNS) are always looking for health care assistants to deliver client specific care to patients with complex care needs within a home setting. We are especially interested in healthcare assistants with paediatric experience.
Our clients have a range of nursing requirements and the majority are technology dependent (ie ventilator, tracheostomy), therefore it is essential you have previous complex care experience with a range of ages and long term conditions. Please note residential and care home experience alone is not sufficient to apply for this position.
In order to meet the criteria we ask that you have the following:-
• Minimum of 6 months UK-based complex health care experience within the last three years
• Clinical reference via a Band 6 nurse
• Knowledge & experience of complex care patients
• Driving licence and access to a vehicle
• Previous community nursing experience
• Previous experience in providing care to sick children
• Earn up to £18 per hour
• Refer a friend scheme – Earn £150 if you recommend a Health Care Assistant in the Somerset area to join Thornbury (terms and conditions apply)
• Mileage allowance – we pay up to 25p per mile. We also reimburse up to £40 (per trip) if you use public transport
• 24/7 on call support and assistance from a qualified nurse on our dedicated call centre team
• Competitive pay rates & holiday pay paid on every shift
• Opportunity to join our stakeholder pension scheme
• Training and development opportunities available
• Opportunity to progress and develop your current skills
Thornbury Community Services are committed to providing the highest standards of care to adults and children, we design tailored care packages that enable our patients to retain their independence in the comfort of their own home. We deliver an exceptional service to both our patients and our clients by ensuring every health professional we represent meets the most rigorous professional standards.
If you are interested in this role and would like to be part of one of the UK’s most successful community care providers, please get in touch today. You can either apply here, or give our dedicated community recruitment team a call or email on 0845 1205280 and firstname.lastname@example.org