This job is no longer available
Salary range: £65,270 to £80,810, although a higher figure will be considered for an exceptional candidate.
Thanet CCG and South Kent Coast CCG are currently seeking a highly influential and experienced Registered Nurse to lead their Quality and Nursing agendas. The post holder will be a voting member of the two CCGs Governing Bodies and ensure that both CCGs secure continuous improvement in the quality, safety and patient experience through the service they commission on behalf of the local populations.
Applicants will be:
• highly competent, confident and willing to give an independent strategic view
• have credibility as a clinical leader
• able to take a balanced view of the clinical and management agendas and draw on their specialist skills to add value
• able to bring detailed insights from nursing perspectives into discussions regarding service re-design, clinical pathways and system reforms
• able to confidently question and challenge information
• experienced and up to date in the areas of safeguarding, clinical governance, serious incidents and research and development
The post is one of three senior roles which serve both CCGs. whilst joint appointments, the post holder will need to be confident that they can work successfully across two distinct organisations.
Thanet CCG and South Kent Coast CCG work closely with two neighboring CCGs Canterbury and Coastal and Ashford. This post holder will work alongside the equivalent post in these CCGs ensuring that there is a significant focus on nursing and quality in East Kent Interested candidates should contact:
Hazel Carpenter – Chief Accountable Officer (designate)
Dr Darren Cocker – Clinical Chair South Kent Coast CCG
Dr Tony Martin – Clinical Chair Thanet CCG
Please call 01227 795035 to arrange.
Closing date: 10 February 2013
To apply for this position please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk and search for the following reference number:
Appointment will be made before the CCGs become statutory organisations, employment will be on a ‘hosting’ arrangement until 1 April 2013. It is anticipated that employment will be hosted by NHS Kent & Medway.
The appointment will be made in a ‘designate’ capacity until the CCGs formally become statutory bodies through authorisation