This job is no longer available
Mugdock House Care Home, Bearsden
About the role
- You will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of care and clinical excellence
- Leading a team, you’ll develop, implement and evaluate individualised care plans, ensuring the physical, emotional and social needs of our residents are met
- Other key duties will include delivering hands on nursing, safe administration of drugs, maintaining accurate records, complying to policies, procedures and guidelines of the company and governing bodies
- Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will really get to know our residents and their families, promoting independence, choice, dignity and respect
- You will motivate and mentor your team, delivering teaching sessions and guiding the professional development of junior colleagues.
As a Level 1 Registered Nurse with a valid NMC PIN Number, you will not only have a genuine passion for elderly care, but you’ll also understand the importance of the right things done well.
What’s in it for you?
- Free uniform
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Pension and life assurance scheme available
- Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
Mugdock House Care Home
Mugdock House Care Home is a brand new purpose-built care home located in the town of Bearsden, Glasgow. The home is part of the former St Andrew’s college campus and is in walking distance of the local residential area and high street amenities. The home is conveniently located on main transport links into Glasgow city centre. Mugdock House Care Home is planned to open in January 2013 and has been designed to provide specialist nursing and dementia care facilities.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to almost 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It’s why we inspire and support our nurses to put our residents’ wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Be the nurse you want to be.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (formerly a Work Permit)
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post. For further information on Certificates of Sponsorship please visit the UK Border Agency website.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see the NMC website.