This job is no longer available
Position - Ward Sister/Charge Nurse
Location - Surrey
Salary – up to £34,500
Hours - 37.5 - Permanent, Full-time
My client is a purpose built, 52 bed, acute care hospital based in Surrey. It offers a wide range of high quality clinical procedures and medical services and there are 3 operating theatres.
There is a vacancy for a Ward Sister/Charge Nurse, being offered on a full time permanent basis. The post holder will be required to assume responsibility for leading the ward team of qualified nurses, HCA's and clerical staff in the provision of the highest standards of patient care.
The full range of duties can be viewed on the role profile but will include :
- operational ward management
- delegation of duties and patient caseloads to the team
- staffing level maintenance and shift rotas
- revenue capture and budgetary control
- care planning for the ward
- clinical guidance and advice for team members
- maintenance of the standards for patient record keeping
- staff supervisory duties such as appraisals, absence management, training and development, recruitment and induction
- Health and Safety and Infection Control
Applicants will need to be RGN qualified and possess ENB998/mentors module or equivalent -along with the appropriate level of clinical knowledge for this post. Previous supervisory/staff management experience will be essential to success, and there will be an expectation that you will be committed to professional excellence and willing to share the approach to patient care and customer service.
- Registered General Nurse
- ENB 998/mentors module or equivalent
- Excellent clinical skills
- Sound knowledge of current professional issues.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Strong leadership skills
- Teaching skills
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information please contact Holly Brace at JP Recruit on 07912 179950 or 0844 357 1157 alternatively please submit your CV to email@example.com