This job is no longer available
The Gables is a residential home that provides care and support to 12 people with learning disabilities. The house has 2 self contained flats where people can learn independent living skills. The people who live there are supported by specially trained learning disability nurses and mental health nurses as well as support workers. They can also receive help from other professional people if they need it at The Gables – that might be a speech and language therapist, an occupational therapist, psychologist or a psychiatrist. Nearby there are colleges, shops and leisure facilities, places of worship and cultural facilities. The people who live at the Gables are supported to use them reqularly.
The main responsibilities for the position of Registered Manager will include:
- Manage the operational delivery of all services, setting the highest standards for quality and performance, whilst remaining in an active "hands on role" in the day to day running of the home
- Deliver the service in accordance with the regulatory requirements and company standards, policies and procedures
- Ensuring the achievement of budgets abnd other financial / KPI targets
- Lead service development and strategic projects to achieve improvements in service activity and outcomes
- Have considerable learning disability experience and have a Registered Nurse, Social Worker or Registered Managers Award or other appropriate professional qualificiation
- Highly organised and effective communicator, skilled in leading and collaborating with others
- To be commercially aware and a strategic thinker, to fully appreciate the need for effective budgeting, cost control and income generation and ability to recognise business opportunities
- An understanding of Care Quality Commission requirement and commissioning agency expectations relating to the service
Relocation package available in line with Company policy - for further information on the relocation package please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .