This job is no longer available
Thornbury Community Services are looking for Health Care Assistants with complex care experience, in the Hampshire and surrounding areas, for a ventilator dependant young girl with complex care needs in Isle of Wight.
Applicants must have a minimum of 6 months UK based complex health care experience within the last three years, (please note residential and care home experience alone is not sufficient to apply for this position), hold a valid NMC pin number, and be able to supply a clinical reference via a Band 6 nurse.
While this role is in a community setting, we would welcome applicants with experience of work in other areas of acute care, i.e. hospital settings.
Applicants should be friendly, self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and a keen interest in community based nursing
Previous experience and knowledge of providing ventilator and tracheostmy care to sick children.
Due to the location of the client, it is also desirable that applicants have access to their own vehicle.
• Earn up to £18 per hour
• Refer a friend scheme – Earn £150 if you recommend a Health Care Assistant in the Somerset area to join Thornbury (terms and conditions apply)
• Mileage allowance – we pay up to 25p per mile. We also reimburse up to £40 (per trip) if you use public transport
• 24/7 on call support and assistance from a qualified nurse on our dedicated call centre team
• Competitive pay rates & holiday pay paid on every shift
• Opportunity to join our stakeholder pension scheme
• Training and development opportunities available
• Opportunity to progress and develop your current skills
If you think you have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
You can either apply here, or give our dedicated community recruitment team a call or email on 0845 120 5280 or email email@example.com with the reference ‘IOWHCA’.