Paediatric Nurse - RSCN - Northamptonshire
Job description – Paediatric Nurse
As an employment agency, Thornbury Nursing Services (TNS) are always looking for Children’s Nurses to deliver client specific care to a child with complex care needs within a home setting. Our paediatric nurses are responsible for day-to-day care of the patient, as well as supporting both the patient's family, and any healthcare assistants also working within the package. Therefore whilst previous community experience is not essential, you must be confident as a lone worker, as well as working within a team setting.
• Help in the assessing of each child’s nursing care needs
• Plan, deliver and implement the agreed plan of care
• Discuss the updating of care plans as necessary, and maintain accurate records
• Support and supervise Healthcare Assistants to maintain a high standard of care
• A Paediatric nurse (RSCN) with a minimum of 6 months UK-based complex health care experience within the last three years, or RN Child with paediatric experience and a minimum of one year ventilator competency
• Current NMC registration
• Applicants should be friendly, self-motivated, have excellent communication skills and a keen interest in community based nursing
• Full UK driving license and assess to a vehicle for work purposes
• Thornbury Community Services provides 24 hr on call support from a registered nurse
• Highly competitive pay rates and travel allowance of 25p per mile. We will also reimburse up to £40 (per trip) if you use public transport
• Bonus and incentive schemes available
• Option to join stakeholder pension scheme
• Holiday pay paid on every shift
• Easily accessible mandatory training updates
• Potential for the paediatric nurse to take on a team leader role, and train and assess the competency of HCA’s within the package
• Regular team meetings to ensure you are up-to-date with any changes within your package
Nursing roles with a difference, this is an opportunity for nurses to focus on providing excellent care and attend to the needs of a child and their family, developing relationships and providing stability to their care provision. You will have the option of working around existing commitments or taking the exciting step of full-time agency work.
Thornbury Community Services is a leading independent provider of paediatric nursing care in a community setting. If you are looking for an extremely rewarding role join us and help transform the life of a family.
Refer a friend scheme – Earn £250 if you recommend a paediatric nurse to join Thornbury (terms and conditions apply)