This job is no longer available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Nurse to join a purpose built, independent care home based in Hampton.
The successful candidate will be RGN or RMN Qualified, have proven experience in a similar role and able to achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional manner through direct nursing care. The main duties of the role will include:
- To stand in for the Clinical Manager as required and observe all instructions to act upon their behalf.
- To assist in the effectiveness of residential, nursing and dementia care by developing the fullest potential of every member of staff within the home. To participate in the personal care of residents.
- To assist in the controlling of drugs/medicines, equipment and dressings. To be responsible for the administration and ordering of medicines.
- To understand and monitor residents care and well being, identifying ways of seeking improvement including the use of care models, care planning and reviews.
- To communicate effectively with all health care workers, professionals and all disciplines to ensure optimum continuity of residents care.
- To understand and promote the needs of individuals and their relatives and to act as an advocate on their behalf.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Health & Safety and COSHH policy is adhered to by all staff and to comply with other regulations recommended by CQC-Care Quality Commission.
- To contribute to staff meetings and staff training, including induction of new staff to their respective roles.
- To maintain all records identified by the home and help to evaluate and monitor cost control procedures and cost effectiveness.
- To understand the importance of confidential information and observe professional ethics.
- To foster the co-operation between day and night staff in ensuring continuity of care throughout the home.
- To perform other related duties, this may from time to time be assigned by the home.
Salary is £12 per hour, working a 42 hour week. A higher rate will be paid on weekends.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Louise at Bright Selection Ltd.