This job is no longer available
Our Children’s nurse will be delivering client specific care to a child with complex care needs within a home setting. The paediatric nurse will be responsible for day-to-day care and supporting the child's family and the healthcare assistants within the package so experience working with lone working & a team setting is essential.
• The paediatric nurse will assist with the assessment of nursing care needs
• Planning, delivering and implementing the agreed plan of care
• Maintain accurate records and discuss updating care plans as necessary
• Support and supervise healthcare assistants to maintain a high standard of care
• You must be a paediatric nurse (RSCN) with a minimum of 6 months UK based health care experience within the last three years or RN Child with paediatric experience with a minimum of one year ventilator competency
• Current NMC registration
• Whilst previous community experience is not essential the paediatric nurse must be confident as a lone worker
• Applicants should be friendly, an excellent communicator and self-motivated with a keen interest in community based nursing
• Full UK driving licence and assess to a vehicle for work purposes
Paediatric nurses can work around existing commitments or take the exciting step of full-time agency work.
This is a nursing role with a difference. An opportunity for paediatric nurses to focus on providing excellent care and attend to the needs of a child and their family, developing relationships and providing stability to their care provision.
• Thornbury Community Services provides 24 hr on call support from a registered nurse
• Highly competitive pay rates and travel allowance of 25p per mile. We will also reimburse up to £40 (per trip) if you use public transport
• Bonus and incentive schemes available
• Option to join stakeholder pension scheme
• Holiday pay paid on every shift
• Easily accessible mandatory training updates
• Potential for the paediatric nurse to take on a team leader role and train and assess the competency of HCA’s within the package
• Regular team meetings to ensure you are up-to-date with changes within the package
Thornbury Community Services is a leading independent provider of paediatric nursing care in a community setting. If you are looking for an extremely rewarding role join us and help transform the life of a family.
Refer a friend scheme – Earn £250 if you recommend a paediatric nurse to join Thornbury (terms and conditions apply)
Thornbury Community Services currently have a wide variety of opportunities available so please feel free to contact us regarding this or any of our exiting opportunities on 0845 120 5280 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .