This job is no longer available
Currently we have terrific opportunities for keen, energetic, self motivated HCA’s to work within one of our complex care packages in the community.
We are looking for health care assistants that have experience in complex care including tracheostomy & ventilator experience, we would especially interested in healthcare assistants with paediatric experience. We would also welcome applications from those working within other areas of acute care, i.e. hospital settings.
Please note residential and care home experience alone is not sufficient to apply for this position. Our clients have a range of nursing requirements and the majority are technology dependent. Therefore it is essential you have experience with a range of ages and long term conditions.
In order to meet the criteria we ask that you have the following:-
• Minimum of 6 months UK based health care experience within the last three years
• Clinical reference via a Band 6 nurse
• Knowledge & experience of complex care patients
• Driving licence and access to a vehicle
• Previous community nursing experience
• Previous experience in providing care to sick children
• Earn up to £18 per hour
• Refer a friend scheme – Earn £150 if you recommend a Health Care Assistant in the Somerset area to join Thornbury (terms and conditions apply)
• Mileage allowance – we pay up to 25p per mile. We also reimburse up to £40 (per trip) if you use public transport
• 24/7 on call support and assistance from a qualified nurse on our dedicated call centre team
• Competitive pay rates & holiday pay paid on every shift
• Opportunity to join our stakeholder pension scheme
• Training and development opportunities available
• Opportunity to progress and develop on your current skills
Thornbury Community Services are committed to providing the highest standards of care to adults and children, we design tailored care packages that enable our patients to retain their independence in the comfort of their own home.
Established in 1983, Thornbury Nursing Services is one of the UK’s leading independent nursing agencies. We provide skilled nurses and health care assistants on a temporary & ongoing basis to major NHS Trusts and private sector clients throughout England and Wales. We deliver an exceptional service to both our patients and our clients by ensuring every health professional we represent meets the most rigorous professional standards.
If you are interested in this role and would like to be part of one of the UK’s most successful community care providers, please get in touch today. Please either apply to this advert or give our dedicated community recruitment team a call on 0845 1205280 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org