This job is no longer available
Cardiothoracic Surgery/HDU Staff Nurse NHS - Central London
HCL Permanent is working in conjunction with the largest specialised heart and lung centre in the UK to recruit experienced staff nurses to work on their cardiothoracic surgical ward and high dependency unit (HDU).
The Royal Brompton Hospital is internationally renowned for clinical excellence and has a worldwide reputation for heart and lung research. The successful applicants will be rotating across three specialised wards:
• The Princess Alexandra Ward is a 28 bedded ward treating Cardiac patient’s pre/post operation.
• The Elizabeth Ward has four bedded bays and separate individual side rooms. This ward treats Cardiac HDU patients who have been admitted for emergency care as a result of an acute illness or recovery after a routine admission for surgery or a medical procedure.
• The Sir Reginald Wilson Ward has 24 single rooms and four HDU beds. This ward treats patients requiring investigations and treatments for cardiothoracic conditions
Situated in Central London, this is the perfect opportunity for Cardiothoracic Nurses looking for an exciting challenge and fantastic career opportunities within the NHS.
• Take charge of the ward in the absence of the senior staff
• Supervise and direct junior staff
• Assess, plan and deliver high quality nursing care
• Demonstrate excellent clinical practice
• Cover a range of Cardiothoracic specialties on both the Surgical wards and HDU
• Eligible for NMC registration/registered
• Significant Cardiothoracic experience essential
• 27 days holiday per year, including bank / public holidays
• Hospital accommodation available
• A standard working week of 37.5 hours
• Eligibility to join the NHS Pension Scheme
• Access to occupational health services
• Good pay progression based on application of knowledge and skills
To apply for this position please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Aaron Smith on 00442078618950 EXT 1510