This job is no longer available
An exiting opportunity has arisen for Urology/Continence Nurse Advisor for the Midlands.
We are a leading global provider of innovative urological and surgical products and services. We listen and learn from those who use and work with our products to develop new solutions tailored to their needs. This commitment is at the heart of our efforts to improve quality of life for users and healthcare professionals worldwide
Urology/continence nurse specialist. Duties to include continence assessment and urology or stoma appliance reviews. To provide advice on appropriate care routines and products. Working within a number of NHS trusts or Spinal units.
Purpose of role:
· To be an integral part of the Urology home delivery service
· Conducts patient appliance assessments and appliance user reviews where necessary
· Initiates treatments or interventions as agreed by referring NHS Trust
· Follow-up and carry out continence referrals where appropriate
· Maintains hands on clinical practice
· Establishes, develops and maintains relationships with local continence and urology nurses in designated region
· Works in partnership with local sales representatives to support our service provision in hospital & community
· Works alongside SCI key account Manager
· Work alongside Select customer service team and operations manager to develop and enhance customer service provision
· To follow the guidelines set out for a band 6 Continence nurse
· Provides specialist continence support in SCI, MS, Urology & Gynaecology
· To teach formally & informally within clinical area to our staff or Trust staff as required
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Provides expert product and advice to patients
· Provides specialist support in the form of educational teaching sessions as required
· Ability to teach ISC, carry out sheath fittings, pubic pressure device assessment & stoma appliance fittings and carry out bladder scans where appropriate
· Assist the urology/continence nurse specialists in appliance assessment and reviews
· Maintain patient records
· Develop relationships with key CNS and HCP to secure patient referrals and follow-up
You will be a registered Nurse (band 5/ band 6) with experience within urology / continence.
Salary banding to be £30-£35k, company car (driving license maximum of 6 penalty points ), 25 days holiday, life assurance, pension, private medical insurance, excellent flexible benefits package.
The region will be M42/M6 corridor, with possibility of going to Staffs/Oswestry region
Majority of work will be around Birmingham/Coventry/Worcestershire area, so you will ideally will live around Birmingham.
For more information, please call Daniella on 0161 245 4453 or respond to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV.