Nurse Manager - Private Hospital
Position: Nurse Managers x 2 (Medical or Surgical Wards)
Sector: Private Sector
Salary: Excellent basic salary, plus company benefits
Location: Cheadle, Cheshire
Hours: Full Time, Permanent - 37.5 hours
This is an independent hospital working with a leading healthcare provider, whom have hospitals based nationally. This hospital has 170 beds with all rooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities, satellite TV and telephone. The hospital has seven theatres, a two- theatre endoscopy suite, ten-bed day care unit, 6-bed intensive care and seven-bed progressive care unit.
We currently have 2 exciting and challenging vacancies for Nurse Managers to work at Hospital.
One vacancy is for a Nurse Manager to work on Lancaster ward, which primarily cares for medical patients, and one vacancy is for a Nurse Manager to work on Stafford ward, which primarily cares for surgical patients
Both of the vacancies are full time (37.5 hrs per week), permanent contracts.
To provide clinical leadership and management by:
- Supporting the Director of Clinical Services and Senior Nurses deliver the clinical governance framework and Nursing Strategy
- Providing clinical direction and leadership for the nursing team
- Managing the provision of the 24 hour clinical service
- Co-ordinating and maintaining the delivery of safe clinical quality and care standards
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks as applied to nursing
- Supporting and deputising for the Senior Nurses when required
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications / Personal Attributes
- Highly proactive and motivated to deliver high standards of nursing care
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing evidence of having delivered against targets within an acute clinical setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital
- Able to motivate, shape and direct a team to maximise motivation
- Able to support and develop staff to deliver business goals
- Good financial awareness and control
- Understands the financial imperatives within the company business model
- Anticipates, manages and monitors risks and deliverables
- Must be a Registered General Nurse (current NMC registration essential)
- General clinical experience in an acute setting
- Experience of deputy or managerial responsibility, with responsibility for leading a team of nursing staff
- Must possess an ENB 998 or equivalent mentor qualification or be willing to undertake a relevant course
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of Human Resource policies, tools and techniques, including interviewing, conducting performance reviews, performance coaching and formal HR processes e.g. disciplinary
- Management qualification (desirable)
- Education to a degree level (desirable)
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to launch or further your career in the private healthcare industry, we would like to hear from you.
PULSE recruits health and social care professionals for temporary and permanent jobs in the UK and abroad. We are the UK’s leading independent provider of healthcare bank staff management services and also provide all kinds of specialist care packages in the home and in the community.
We’re an approved supplier to the NHS and we hold contracts with NHS trusts, private hospitals, social service departments and local authorities nationwide. We also work with hospitals in Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
In 2010, for the second year running, PULSE was named Staffing Agency of the Year by the respected industry publication, Health Investor.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your cv to Melina.Bolton@pulsejobs.com or call 0161 245 4453